Older people and vulnerable adults are supported to lead fulfilled and independent lives
Are we achieving our targets?
Green – 5; Amber – 2; Red – 7; M – 3
Are we getting better?
Stayed the same
Further information is needed or the latest measure is unavailable
- The proportion of people receiving community–based social care services who receive self-directed support had an amber status and demonstrated maintained performance, reflecting consistent performance of 99.9% against a target of 100%.
- Both the overall number of delayed transfers of care, and those delays attributable to Social Care, had both deteriorated from the first performance review of 2019/20 and were red against target.
- The number of older people with a permanent admission to a residential or nursing home improved significantly and performed well against the end of year target, which was similar to the regional average.
- The number of carers who were given or signposted to information and advice also demonstrated improving performance and was on target for the end of year.
- The proportion of adults with a learning difficulty who live in their own home or with family was maintained at around 88%, slightly below target but better than the England average.
View all the measures for this outcome
- The proportion of adults with a learning difficulty in paid employment has remained at 5.4% since July. This is a small cohort and five additional adults moving into paid employment would bring the service in line with targets.
- The number of visitors to the Cheshire West and Chester Local Offer Website increased significantly with almost 139,804 visits in October and November compared to just over 90,000 between July and September. However, it should be noted that this site will close from 9 January and will be replaced by the Live Well Cheshire West website which is already operational.
- Performance on delayed transfers of care continued to decline and was red against target. The primary reason for this was an increase since April of people awaiting a package of care at home.